Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Rose Duo

Rose Duo
detail 
oil on canvas

Artist Note.
This is a detail from a painting
in the M Phillips Gallery.

I am in the middle of moving my 
gallery/studio and into a new space.
Lots of planning, etc.
And I am also working on a 
couple of paintings
but they are not completed. 
Trying to stay stress free.

Presently I have a retail space
right on Main Street, downtown
Las Cruces.
Great location - except they close 
down Main Street without notice
causing a lot of aggravation.

I am still going to be in a building
on Main Street,
but in the next block.
It is an office space with parking 
right behind it.
Nice and clean but a few things
had to be done.
You can see a partition wall was
removed so the two rooms
became one large room.

Then a neutral grey paint painted
on  all the walls. A guild member
is doing all the painting and he has
done a great job.
Thank YOU, Rich!
Here you see the start of
space planning.
My easel in blue,
and white tape for
shelf placement.
File cabinet footprint.

There is a lovely curved wall
in an area I will have for a table
to each lunches at.
I will also have a another
workstation
 along the wall or me
to do demos etc for the classes
I have until the middle of April
to do everything and many
members of the guild
are offering to help.
It will be FUN!

18 comments:

  1. All the best to YOU, Julie.
    I really like the rose detail painting...It is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting detail is a painting in itself. I love the delicate feeling of the roses and the hint of pink color with the neutrals is gorgeous.
    The space looks great,so lucky for you to have help so you can get back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roses are just lovely, Julie. I am excited for you and your new space. It sounds like things are really looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fortunate that you found a space in the next block-no closed street either! Kind of bad for business I bet to have that street closed.

    Lovely roses and a great new space. All will be well soon:)
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  5. This flurry of activity will hopefully become a blur after you settle into your brand new space. Sounds like it will be even better than the first. Would love to see photos of finished space.

    And thanks for the peek at that painting - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wOOOw! How exciting - if I were closer I'd do all your fitting-out free (aye, for nought, lass).

    Really hope you have a smooth transition. Don't get stressed ....enjoy ... it's all good fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those roses are sooooo romantic! Love them. You are a genius taping things out like that! I love your new space. Hope to see it again when you're all moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely rose detail -- I like how they appear to truly "rest" on the table surface, that it's clear they have weight.
    The new space looks as if it will be grand. It must be exciting to be able to design it from scratch exactly as you'd like it. So nice that your guild colleagues are pitching in to help. No doubt they're eager to have you teaching again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations and good luck. Sorry I'm not close enough to help out. Your roses are beautiful as usual. Looking forward to seeing the progress on your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a HUGE job, Julie, but so daringly exciting! Wonderful that you have willing hands to help. The gray color is beautiful! I just love it as a backdrop, and it is sooooo "in" now! Hope you'll post some photos of the finished space when you have time. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, it sounds so exciting. Lots of luck on a smooth move. Can't wait to see the finished photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your new space!!! It looks like a perfect spot...and nice and roomy for what you need. Can't wait to see it finished. With such willing helpers it should be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Julie for your very wonderful flowers paintings !!!
    Happy and creative new month !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you luck with the new space ,moving is always stressful but also so exciting; Looks great , hope you will show us some photos when it is finished. And of course your two roses are amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Julie I can see good change is in the air. So impressed too with how you are planning the layout. Isn't it wonderful too that you have some great help in this move. Your roses are so beautiful and romantic. Love the soft pinks with just a touch of blue in the background. Gorgeous- hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Julie I can see good change is in the air. So impressed too with how you are planning the layout. Isn't it wonderful too that you have some great help in this move. Your roses are so beautiful and romantic. Love the soft pinks with just a touch of blue in the background. Gorgeous- hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your painting is incredible...love seeing it again. Your new studio looks marvelous and I can't wait to see it filled with you, your students and all the wonderful art that comes out of it. Wishing you a successful and stress-free move on move day. Wish I was there to join in the helping.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie